Increasingly cranky iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jezzyb, Jul 5, 2009.

1. jezzyb macrumors newbie

I'm upto date with all software, i-tunes etc.

I have a Apple bluetooth for my phone. I run it in the car from a ciggarette lighter. For a few weeks now I have not been able to charge it as it comes up 'accessory not recognized' and will not even charge the phone on it's own. It now does acknowledge the blue tooth when paired in the dock when not being charged.

Yesterday it partially stopped syncing contacts from my add book. I looked down at it and some recent calls/SMS had just a number and the contact info gone. I have been away from home and synced via my laptop and it's got the contacts from my add book but labeled on the phone as 'myname computer contacts'. I do have mobileme....is the idea that it will sync on a regular basis and that I should not need to re-inport?

Also about 1month ago the phone frooze and i have had to do a re-install as i could not re-boot. I removed a load of apps and have plenty of free space.

Just a bit miffed as there are a few issues in the last few months after having the phone for a year.

Anyone else throw some light on it or having similar problems?:confused:

2. J2X macrumors newbie

Address book problem

I operate a G5, a MacBook and an iPhone.
    I just upgraded to system 3.0 on my iPhone. In doing so through my iTunes on the G5, some parts of my address book were doubled up in my iPhone.

When I noticed on my iPhone that I had two identical entries fro a few categories of addresses, I went throught them and eliminated one of the two addresses.

I later noticed that on my G5 and my laptop, all of the addresses were wiped out!!! They are still on my iPhone though, along with a considerable number of double entries on my iPhone.

Where do I go from here? Do I have to reenter all those that I erased?
    How do I maintain the addresses that are double and how can I end up with only one address?

Thanks for any help.