Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
The game is a Steamplay title now and for a little more than another 24 hours as of this writing there is a bundle deal with the game and its DLCs for 10 bucks or if you prefer, just the game itself for $7.50. It's normally twice that.

I noticed the DLCs are not flagged as being Steamplay and I posted a question about this on the Steam forum but have not gotten a reply yet. I suspect it is just an oversight but I could be wrong of course. If I don't find out in time I think I'm going to go for the bundle anyway and hope for the best. The worst thing that can happen is a I contribute an extra $2.50 to the cause of a developer who chose to support the Mac with the main game at least.

Now we need a Mac version of Path of Exile! I did post a request for that in the relevant Steam forum and one of the developers was nice enough to reply and say it was under consideration but they couldn't say more at this time. So I am hopeful!

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
So far there's an Amazing Fan MAC Port for Path of Exile.

I was playing all through the Beta using it, and it worked extremely well on my old 15" MacBook Pro.

ValkyrieNC

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2013
The game is a Steamplay title now and for a little more than another 24 hours as of this writing there is a bundle deal with the game and its DLCs for 10 bucks or if you prefer, just the game itself for $7.50. It's normally twice that.

I noticed the DLCs are not flagged as being Steamplay and I posted a question about this on the Steam forum but have not gotten a reply yet. I suspect it is just an oversight but I could be wrong of course. If I don't find out in time I think I'm going to go for the bundle anyway and hope for the best. The worst thing that can happen is a I contribute an extra $2.50 to the cause of a developer who chose to support the Mac with the main game at least.

Now we need a Mac version of Path of Exile! I did post a request for that in the relevant Steam forum and one of the developers was nice enough to reply and say it was under consideration but they couldn't say more at this time. So I am hopeful!

You can play with the DLC-s too, for some reason they haven't got the Steam Play logo yet, but they will.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
You can play with the DLC-s too, for some reason they haven't got the Steam Play logo yet, but they will.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'd gotten that confirmed on Steam as well and hadn't gotten around to visiting here with the updated info. That was a nice plus. It was also sweet that it was 50% off on the day it launched for Mac. :D

I'd expect to see this on sale again during the upcoming Steam holiday sales for anyone that missed it.

----------

So far there's an Amazing Fan MAC Port for Path of Exile.

I was playing all through the Beta using it, and it worked extremely well on my old 15" MacBook Pro.

Thanks for pointing this out too. Is this over on The Porting Team site or somewhere else? I guess I could check AppDB and roll my own if it is known to work but if somebody else has already done the work I might as well capitalize on that.

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Thanks for pointing this out too. Is this over on The Porting Team site or somewhere else? I guess I could check AppDB and roll my own if it is known to work but if somebody else has already done the work I might as well capitalize on that.

The porting team one is a different port,

This one is much better. I played it extensively when the game was still in Beta on my old macbook pro, and it ran fantastically!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.