Incredible! Amazing!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tamvly, Oct 23, 2012.

1. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

OK, Steve Jobs may have been able to get away with using the "Incredible! Amazing! Stupendous" line over and over. It was wearing thin even for Steve.

For Tim and Phil ... well, it really has gotten out of hand and, in my mind, gets in the way of the announcement.

You can decide for yourself what you think about any new product. I happen to want a new iPad because I wanted to shift to a Cell + WiFi version for work, so this was perfect timing.

But please: choose some new adjectives.

I remember the old days when IBM's mainframe marketing mantra was "Cheaper! Faster! More Reliable". Maybe that would work.

Suggestions?

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Phil may sound more natural although it's not as natural as Steve Jobs. But Tim Cook sounds like a robot when he said "Amaaaaaaaaiiizing" (slowly).

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

They used the word "cool" a lot too, but just seemed odd and unnatural IMHO. But kept saying it, like they wanted younger people to think it was cool and cool is good, but coming from Tim it just seemed wrong and scripted. (which it was)

4. unobtainium macrumors 68000

I too find it grating. It worked better for Steve because you could sense his geeky enthusiasm under the surface. Tim Cook just sounds like he's been coached on how to deliver all these stunning.magical.incredible.adjectives.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Tim is an enthusiastic and loyal Apple employee, but he just doesn't have the same charisma. Few people do.

I almost think they should do a job search and try to find someone specifically to do these kinds of product launches. Give him or her the title of Product Evangelist and have them handle the keynotes. Hire specifically based on charisma and ability to convincingly sell the magical-speak Apple specializes in.

5. gadget123 macrumors 68000

It's not cool that holding the Ipad 4 will feel exactly the same as the previous two.

Ipad mini - new product

Ipad 4 - a refresh of Ipad 3 or a rushed Ipad 3 and now the final release whatever you see it as

6. tamvly thread starter macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Larry Ellison ... no, never mind.

7. gadget123 macrumors 68000

It's funny Iphone gets larger, Ipad gets smaller..

Strange month for Apple.. :p