Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...39FxQEUdA530bGiO82lzXZ2xz/1.3.0.5.8.3.25.13.0

Anyone notice anything funny about the system requirements?

Power Mac G4 or PowerBook G4 with 800MHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor; or Xserve with 1GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor
Mac OS X v10.2.5
QuickTime 6.1 or later
256MB of RAM or more
1GB of disk space for caching and temporary files
Graphics card with at least 32MB of video memory and OpenGL hardware acceleration
Display with 1280-by-1024-pixel resolution and 24-bit color
Three-button mouse
AJA or Digital Voodoo card required for previewing on a broadcast video monitor

This would be the first time that Apple's first-party software would require hardware that they didn't make... so... three-button mice with your G5 anyone?

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I believe we have seen this in the past, can't remember when though, back a while, Shake has always required 3 buttons I believe, even before Apple purchased it.

I wouldn't expect a 3 buttoned mouse at this point (certainly hope not anyway!)

Ensign

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Never satisfied...

Gotta love people thinking that's a hint, when it's been a software requirement for a long time.

People ask for a two-button mouse, but will whine about it not having a scroll wheel.

Add a scroll wheel and they'll whine about it not being blue tooth.

Give them what they want and the resellers will whine that people are no longer buying their uber rodents, and they're losing money.

Wake up and smell the coffee...

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
I have a three-button mouse. What's wicked-cool is that if I middle-click on a link in Safari, the link opens in a new tab behind the current one. Those with scroll wheels might try clicking the scroll wheel to see if that works as well.

Another thing: all UNIX workstations/terminals running a windowing system require a three-button mouse. That, amont other things (the "Sun" logo on the side was key), tipped me off that the catalog computers in the university library are really UNIX running X11 or a similar windowing software.

In other news, yes, that three-button mouse has been a requirement of Shake for awhile.

Just trying to disseminate useful information all around.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by Daveman Deluxe
I have a three-button mouse. What's wicked-cool is that if I middle-click on a link in Safari, the link opens in a new tab behind the current one. Those with scroll wheels might try clicking the scroll wheel to see if that works as well.

Yeah, it does. And it's very useful.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
Sorry guys... I never saw the mouse requirement in Shake 2... and you know Shake 3 just shipped today ... and you know what Monday is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.