Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
My current network setup is as follows: Netgear WGT624 v3 router with iMac, Macbook Pro, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and Cell Phone all connected. The 360 is the only one connecting wired. Network has WPA2 encryption enabled.

My goal is to stream music from my imac (leopard up to date) to the ps3 or 360 and output to my surround system. I have done this before, but only temporarily. At first, I streamed to the 360 with a pc i had before the mac. After, I used eyeconnect and the ps3 to stream, and all was well. Then, suddenly eyeconnect didnt work. Ive tried uninstalling and going through each release, but none will work.

So next I tried out medialink. Off the bat it did not work. Turns out medialink and eyeconnect hate each other, so i had to remove eyeconnect. Medialink then worked. I decided to try it for a week before i bought it. Good thing, because a few days later it stopped working for about a week. Then, randomly it worked again for a few days.

Both programs end up doing the same thing, they work for a couple days, then stop working for more than a couple. Ive tried up/downgrading my router firmware, turning off encryption, nothing seems to work. I am at a total loss here. I just want to be able to listen to my music on some good speakers. Oh, I tried using my ipod through the ps3 and 360 also, but it is mac formatted so no dice there either.

any ideas? ive contacted nullriver and the eyeconnect people, none have replied even once. I tried my router forums, no one there had any help. this is pretty much my last hope. :confused:

edit: i just remembered also ive already tried assigning static IPs to the systems and putting them in DMZ, still not working.

BOSS10L

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Upstate NY
I don't have any experience streaming media from a Mac to 360 or PS3, but from the sounds of it, it might be less of a headache to just break down and pick up an AppleTV. I know that doesn't sound as palatable on the wallet, but for ease of use, it is what I'd suggest, outside of contacting support for the eyeconnect. Good luck, hope it all works out. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.