Incredible service

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lazypoet, Aug 27, 2015.

1. lazypoet macrumors regular

lazypoet

I have to admit Apple has the nicest chat service i've ever experienced in any company.

Sometimes when I have a problem with any of my products, they seem so sincere and friendly to talk to that it's like talking to a friend that knows how to fix something.

I can't decide whether or not it's scary or pleasant.

For example today I had such a long conversation about unrelated things with a service employee that I felt genuinely interested in knowing this person. It's almost like I could start discussing philosophy with these people and they would go along.

Which ultimately leads me to thinking;

Is it all fake?

I don't really want to know.

2. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

They are probably paid commission of satisfied customers and length of time on phone.

3. heehee, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Nice to know. Every time I call support to Microsoft Office 365 for work, I get a person I don't understand and they have to repeat EVERYTHING, some even go to SPELL out everything I say, name, address, etc.

"Okay, let me see if I got this right. Your name is h for harry, e for eric, e for eric, h for harry, e for eric, e for eric. Your address is one five two zero, P for peter, r for robert, i for ivy, n for nancy, c for cat, e for eric avenue, is that correct?"

Sorry to ruin your thread. :p

4. lazypoet thread starter macrumors regular

lazypoet

It was actually on internet chat :) But maybe you're right on the time there as well?

5. lazypoet thread starter macrumors regular

lazypoet

Microsoft is horrible in customer service, I think so too..

6. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I like saying, "P as in pneumonia, K as in knead and M as in mnemonic.":D:D:D

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

There's a song on Snacktime!, the children's album that Barenaked Ladies made a few years ago, regarding the Alphabet. They took each letter and came up with words like what you're talking about, based on that letter, with funny banter about how those don't sound right for the letter. It's actually a great album. Lemme find it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91489704

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/snacktime!/id693372520

Track 23 is what you're looking for. You could hear the entire song on the NPR site.

BL.

8. freerollin macrumors member

I have come to expect this level of service from companies like Apple.

But unfortunately, it's a coin flip on the polarised service I receive at my local Apple Store

9. lazypoet thread starter macrumors regular

lazypoet

My local apple store also has strange customer service. The staff seem very anti-social. Which is a complete reverse from my online experience.