Incredibly Basic Question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rfrohman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. rfrohman macrumors newbie

When I plug my iPod Nano into my wife's computer and boot up iTunes for the purpose of syncing onto my unit a seven CD talking book that she had loaded into her iTunes library, taking about an hour, I could not sync that one folder but was given only the choice to erase everything on my iPod and replace it with her entire library. I can understand the problem with sharing material rather than buying it from iTunes, but this material was purchased by us independently elsewhere. To avoid this problem can I save the file to another location and then import it into my iPod? This restriction is crazy. There must be a workaround.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm, I don't think there's any way to set up one iPod to be able to play purchased music from two different accounts. :( Are these protected songs? If so, the best option is probably burn / re-rip of the songs.

However, you said these items were purchased elsewhere.... you didn't get the option to manually manage the iPod? Or does it automatically unmount the iPod if you refuse to let it be erased?

Are both computers Macs, Windows PC, or mixed?

3. bmb012 macrumors 6502