Incredibly strange iTunes scrolling problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm having a very weird issue with iTunes, so weird I downloaded the trial of Snapz Pro X to show ya'll a video of it. I've only seen the problem manifest itself in my iPod touch settings, when I go to choose applications or playlists to sync (any of the categories produce the same problem). If I mouse over the list of items, (without clicking or touching any keys on the keyboard), each time I reach a new line, the entire list jumps up or down a set distance. Sometimes it seems to alternate between two different positions (incredibly annoying if I try to click on something, because it moves away just before I reach it then comes back if I move away from where it is). I can click on things, I just can't move reliably to what I want to click on. I did find that scrolling up and down (using the two-finger scroll method) works fine, no jumping of the list there, but it's incredibly annoying to have to do that.

Quitting and restarting iTunes doesn't seem to have had any effect. Neither did deleting preferences. I will edit this post after I try logging out and back in, but somehow I'm doubting any significant effect. EDIT: No effect. Any ideas at all are welcome!

Movie is here

jW

2. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

what version of iTunes & what version of OS X?

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

iTunes 8.0.2 on 10.5.5. I actually remembered that I'm not sure I saw this problem before the iTunes update. I'm going to reinstall iTunes today (didn't get a chance before) and see what happens.

jW

EDIT: Just a straightforward reinstall didn't work (didn't uninstall first). I'm going to go all out and delete all the iTunes related items and start over (except the library itself, which I already tested).