Incredibly stupid Siri bug discovered

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryan v, Oct 31, 2016.

1. ryan v macrumors newbie

Try saying "Remind me in two weeks to eat a banana" to Siri. It seems to create a reminder for today at the current time. Can someone confirm this? Siri no longer seems to understand weeks. What are those 100,000 Apple employees doing??

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

How so?

3. Alexrat1996 Suspended

My old iPhone 6 does the same

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

So basically it happens to you as well, not that something like that would be normal (since it would be incorrect).

5. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

It happens to me too. As you rightly said, Siri doesn't recognize weeks now (lol).

6. rjcchan macrumors member

Siri may not count weeks when accessing the reminder app?

It does do "next week" correctly. It does do "on a specific date" correctly

7. coso macrumors newbie

coso

siri is the same for everyone, it's responses come directly from apple servers, they continually fix these kind of bugs

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

In theory that is true and applies to many things that are related to Siri, but plenty of people have certainly had different experiences where something doesn't work at all or correctly for some while it works fine for others.

9. jetsam macrumors 6502

Siri does understand weeks - just not for the Reminders app. Ask "What is the date two weeks from Friday?" and she gives the correct answer: "Friday, November 18, 2016."