Incremental backup software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by craigc1264, Jun 28, 2013.

1. craigc1264 macrumors newbie

I am trying to find software to save me some effort. I have an external HD that I store all of my pictures, movies, and music on. Currently I am searching through each of these folders and finding what doesn't match, and then copying over. There has to be a better solution. It looks like CCC can do this for me, but I wanted to see if there was a free version. Here is what I want the software to do in a perfect world.

I want to be able to set "watched" folders.
    When I plug in external HD, it will check these "watched" folders for what has changed since last time.
    It will automatically copy these changes over to mirror "watched" folders on both HD's.

Anyone have any software solutions?

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

The software that came free with my Maxtor external drive did this. So, the solution is free but you'd have to buy a drive to obtain the software legitimately. Maybe a friend needs a cheap external drive and will let you have the software? Maybe you could use a new drive for something?

Maybe someone could chime in if their newer Seagate drive has similar software...

----------

Edit: Check the downloads section. There may be something useful.

http://www.seagate.com/support/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/onetouch/

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.bombich.com/download.html

Use the older, free 3.4.7 version of CCC. It does not officially support Mountain Lion, but for copying data (non OS) files like you are it should work fine.

Once you pick what you want to copy in CCC, click schedule task then you can pick an option to have it auto run when you attach the drive.