Incremental HW updates to 6s since launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by langauld, May 7, 2016.

1. langauld macrumors newbie

langauld

Hi all,

Today I was treated to a brand new iPhone 6s after taking my original (bought at launch) into the Apple store to get looked at, as it was suffering from unexpected shutting down whenever doing anything quite intensive (e.g. recording a video whilst using RunKeeper).

After a quick 'diagnostics test', it came back with an issue reported on the main logic board. Therefore, as it's within warranty, I was given a brand new handset.

I'm curious to know whether anyone knows - either through regularly repairing faults or just because they love being in the know - if the 6s I've just took ownership of will be any different to the one I bought on launch day. Surely they do make incremental changes to the components as common issues are found and design flaws discovered?

No real reason for needing to know apart from satisfying my curiosity! Although perhaps to put myself a little more at ease that this phone won't decide to randomly turn itself off at 30% battery and refuse to turn back on again until I'm near a plug socket... Yeah, that'd be nice!

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Component changes on the board would require recertification with the government and cellular providers. Changes are extremely unlikely.