Indecisive!! Current sprint customer!!!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leopardhead2021, Nov 6, 2014.

1. leopardhead2021 macrumors 6502

I was with verizon and had UDP but I gave it up to go with sprint. Sprint coverage has been good where I live and work etc but their customer service and in store reps are atrocious!! When I had verizon they were good coverage wise but their in store reps were pushy to say the least. My brother offered to give me one of his UDP lines with verizon but I don't believe I need UDP. I average maybe 4 gbs per month. Any thoughts? I don't want my brothers UDP line to go to waste also thanks everyone! I love this forum!

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

So... you are happy with Sprint. Why is this even an option going back if you already left? If your brother needs to dump the line he can get a couple hundred bucks for it on howard forums.

3. leopardhead2021 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm happy with sprints coverage around me for the most part but their reps whether on the phone (mainly tech support) and in stores around me are not competent at all. I just don't want to have to deal with trying to resolve minor issues with them as I've tried to do many many times in the past. I guess I made a haste decision to leave verizon. Idk. And my brother doesn't want any money for his line. He is willing to give it away to anyone who needs it. I just don't know if I need it.

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Sprint customer service has historically been bad since even before the Nextel merger.

Deal with one type of rep. Online, phone or in-store. Never mix any of the types together. It's a recipe for rage and frustration.

The best thing I ever did two years ago was to buy my iPhone 5 through Apple. Every issue I've had since then I've dealt with Apple and not Sprint. I haven't been inside a Sprint store in over two years.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

What would the difference in your bill be? What is the out of pocket for you (since you will need to buy another phone outright)? Outside of customer service, do you have any other problems? How often do you really have to deal with CS?

We personally had horrible CS and sub-par reception with VZW. My wife had a concessions line for a while with them too, but decided to dump the company since it just wasn't worth it and my line was already with AT&T on a FAN discount anyway.

Bottom line is, only you can really decide. Most would tell you to go with VZW since they are the better nationwide carrier. But you are happy with Sprint's coverage. presumably you would pay more for VZW. To me staying with Sprint, in your case, seems like a no-brainer.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you're consistently having to deal with customer service reps, that alone is a red flag that something isn't right. In all of my time with AT&T, and for the few months I've been with T-Mobile, I really haven't had to deal with customer service very much at all.

I would take a look at the issues you've been having that require you to contact customer service, and ask yourself whether you were having those issues under Verizon. If not, maybe you should switch back.

7. *KID* macrumors regular

I have hardly ever had to deal with CS at Sprint and in store was great (until that store closed - its gone now) but I've bought direct from apple and have had no reason to interact with Sprint directly.

Verizon Cus service in my experience was abysmal.

For tech support on an iphone, I'd go to apple, not Sprint.

8. Yardman1977 macrumors member

Grab his unlimited unthrottled line now and be done with it......no brainer

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I've only needed to contact AT&T's customer support a couple of times over the many years I've been with them.

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Another thing to watch out for are third party Sprint stores. These are allowed to brand themselves as Sprint, but they are not Sprint.

Depending on the quality of the employees they hire it's really hit and miss to the quality of service you get.

There are a number of factors that easily make third party Sprint stores recognizable.

• No payment machines
    • Store uses a third party to submit payments to Sprint
    • Phone demo models are dummies and not the latest models
    • Your receipt states "DBA"

Of course, Sprint itself is no paragon of customer service. But if you find a bad third party store you'll see that those guys somehow manage to make Sprint seem respectable.

11. ag29 macrumors 6502

If you are happy with Sprint's coverage then why leave them?

I left sprint because their coverage was terrible, data was unusable in most areas you had to wait a couple minutes for a simple webpage to load, voice quality at my house was so poor we needed an airave, and had to deal with constant dropped calls.

Customer service is pretty much the same when it comes to all the companies, sometimes you get lucky and get someone helpful and sometimes you don't.

Verizon > better coverage /= better customer service.

I would not switch to Verizon if I were you because you are satisfied with Sprint's coverage.

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

If Sprint's coverage is good, why do you need to even be dependent on their customer service and in-store reps.? I only have contact with them every 2 years when I'm up for renewal. Hardly ever do I need to speak with them for it to matter.