A brief history: Summer 2011 - Purchased 2011 2.5ghz Mac Mini January 2012 - Purchased 2011 27" 2.8ghz iMac to replace Mini January 2012 - Returning iMac The Mac Mini was serving my purposes for the most part, but I was in the market for a 27" display instead of the 21" I had. I figured instead of just buying a Dell U2711 display to use with the Mini, I could sell the Mini and end up with an iMac that has the 27" display and also end up with a faster processor, etc at the same time. So that's what I did. I bought the iMac through Amazon since I'm a Prime member, pay no sales tax in CA, and it was cheaper from Apple directly. Unfortunately I discovered how much of a pain it is to open the Mac to install the SSD, OWC Mercury Electra Pro 6G 120gb, I had in my Mini (I didn't end up doing it) and realized how I wasn't a big fan of how the iMac makes it tough to make any changes to the system with the exception of upgrading the RAM. So here I am weighing my options on a Mac Pro. I have no interest in going back to the Mac Mini. I really don't have any interest in going back to a 27" iMac (despite the processor specs being up-to-date and thunderbolt). I know the current Mac Pro systems are lagging behind in terms of updates, but considering that there aren't any other desktop Mac options to consider (other than a hackintosh), I'm trying to figure out where to go in terms of the Mac Pro line. I do not currently use my Mac as a means for creating income. I do not do excessive amounts of audio, video, or compiling work. I do like the expandability of the Mac Pro - specifically CPU, RAM, and possibly video card. I was considering the single 2.8ghz quad core considering that down the road it leaves me open to swapping out the CPU to the 3.33ghz 6-core later if I need it. I also know that there may or may not be a refresh of the MP line, but if there is, it will probably be sometime in the next few months. The "problem" is that I don't know if I can hold out until then using my MBA connected to my monitor to act as a desktop replacement. I don't really care about USB 3.0, doubt I'll make use of Thunderbolt, and am not totally sure if SATA 3 or PCI 3 would be of use to me. Anyway, sorry for such a long post. I'm just trying to figure out if I should wait it out or not. I'm more inclined to think waiting is probably not worth it in my case, but I'm not a Mac Pro guru so what do I know??