Independent Authors for the iBookstore - How does it work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Noisemaker, May 27, 2010.

1. Noisemaker Guest

I'm intrigued by this. I didn't realize it was open to independent authors until the front page news story today.

How does it work? Does anyone have info on it? How about the costs? Is it like the iPhone and Mac developer programs?

I'd really appreciate any info!

2. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

The story I read here on the main page to macRumors is that you already need to have a bit of sales history. Go read the main story.

3. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

From the article:

That's the same thing that applies to iPhone Devs. They have to get a certain amount in sales before Apple sends the money. That's all.

4. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the correction. That makes sense. My smugmug account is like that. I have no issue with that part.

Sounds like it's time for me to pen the next great american novel. I'll get back with you.

(Getting an ISDN shouldn't be too difficult. Seems like the only requirement)

5. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

No worries. I read that, and right away thought of the iPhone Developer setup. It sounds very much like it.

I'm curious to see what the fee is to sign up. I know for the Mac and iPhone programs it's $99.

6. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

Bump. Anyone have more info on the sign up process? Or at least links to the iTunes connect site for this?