Independent Monitor Display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by KELLES, Jan 9, 2014.

1. KELLES macrumors newbie

Hello everyone...What i am about to ask i think is not possible on the iMac. I have seen several posts where people ask the same question but others do not seam to understand the question and no one was able to give a correct answer.

Here is my question....I have just connected my imac to a samsung tv using thunderbold+hdmi adapter, I know how to use mirror and non-mirror display however what i really want to achieve is to have two independent screens, just like having two different imacs. For example when using my main screen and slide through the various windows i do not want the secondary screen to slide.Similarly when i take my mouse over to the secondary screen and slide through the same windows ii do not want the main screen to slide. Basically i want to have two main screens, is this possible? if not this would be a very nice feature to have.

2. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Surely with Mavericks you could just make two desktops via Mission Control? Would that achieve what you're looking for?

3. KELLES thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Yes thats what i need, two desktops, two main monitors...do you know if the slide feature on the apple mouse can be used independently? so when i slide through the various open windows on one screen i want the other screen not to slide

----------

I am using mac os x lion 10.7.5, i just created another desktop using the mission control, but i do not think that this is what i am looking for. is this what you are talking about with the maverick?

4. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Yeah in Mavericks all created desktops act completely independently including mouse sliding and actions, as well as the dock.

Lion and Mountain Lion were slated for the fact that fullscreen on other displays doesn't work properly. If you upgrade you'll get the functionality you need, might as well seeing as it's free.

It's not possible to do what you want to do in Lion or Mountain Lion.

5. KELLES thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks that sounds great, i will give it a try