InDesign CS2 & CS3 PDF's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chip500, Feb 18, 2008.

1. chip500 macrumors newbie

Is there any difference between a PDF created in InDesign CS3, and one created in InDesign CS2? To be more particular, is it possible a service bureau might have a problem with a CS3 PDF, yet have no problems with the CS2 one?

Would they even be able to tell which program created it?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

They can tell which program created it if they have Acrobat Pro but there are so many ways to put together a PDF that it's not really relevant which version of InDesign created it.

It's not the app that creates it that's so much the problem, it's whether the correct settings have been used in the PDF's creation. Best to stick to PDF 1.4 compatibility (Acrobat 5) for most purposes.

3. TammyLPI macrumors newbie

I don't think it has anything to do with the version of Indesign you use - it's the version of Adobe Acrobat you save it with. If they have the save version of Acrobat you have they should be able to open.

4. andy.barron macrumors 6502

This sounds like a RIP level problem that CS3 is putting into the pdf (overcomplicating). An easy way to discover the problem would be to save the file out of CS2 & 3 as a pdf, send to them & ask what EXACTLY what the problem is. Post back on here the results & I'm sure it can be solved.
    I have found CS3 possibly one of the worst upgrades that Adobe has ever launched, its like they never tested it.:mad: