InDesign CS3 and an Applescript

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by buzfar, Sep 16, 2009.

1. buzfar macrumors newbie

Hello;

I am hoping that someone out there will be able to help me. I am creating yet another catalog and am in need of an applescript.

Here is what I need it to do.

Select objects on a page, all pages of the .ind if possible, then go to object>Fitting>Frame Fitting Options, have the pre-sets stay in there, then click ok.

Is there something like that out there somewhere? I know NOTHING about applescript, and am really in need of help.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Allene

2. robbietherobot macrumors newbie

Applescript Example

This works (for the current active page) but I can't get the "frame fitting properties" bit working. Rather than giving up I thought I would give you the example and the dictionary definition and see what you / someone who knows what they are doing can come up with.

Good luck!

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"
    activate

select all
    set stroke weight of selection to 5

end tell

From AppleScript Dictionary:

frame fitting option n : Options for fitting placed or pasted content in a frame. Note: These options can be applied to a frame, object style, or document or to the application.
    properties
    bottom crop (number or text) : The amount in measurement units to crop the bottom edge of a graphic.
    class (type, r/o) : The class descriptor type.
    fitting alignment (top left anchor/top center anchor/top right anchor/left center anchor/center anchor/right center anchor/bottom left anchor/bottom center anchor/bottom right anchor) : The point with which to align the image empty when fitting in a frame. For information, see frame fitting options.
    fitting on empty frame (none/content to frame/proportionally/fill proportionally) : The frame fitting option to apply to placed or pasted content if the frame is empty. Can be applied to a frame, object style, or document or to the application.
    left crop (number or text) : The amount in measurement units to crop the left edge of a graphic.
    object reference (frame fitting option, r/o) : An object reference for the frame fitting option.
    parent (specifier, r/o) : The parent of the frame fitting option (a page item, oval, rectangle, polygon, application, document or object style). Can return: page item, oval, rectangle, polygon, application, document or object style.
    properties (record) : A property that allows setting of several properties at the same time.
    right crop (number or text) : The amount in measurement units to crop the right edge of a graphic.
    top crop (number or text) : The amount in measurement units to crop the top edge of a graphic.

Can't get the syntax right but I imagine what you are trying to do is all there! Once you gt that working just stick it in a loop for all pages?