Indesign CS4 Background

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Austin907, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Austin907 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums and to ID, so please don't flame me :D

I'm making a board game for my A1 English class, and need to know how to put a background color on there. At the moment my document consists of a bunch of square shaped boxes, a few ovals, and a couple of pictures. Just to reiterate I need to change the background color from white to something else.

Thanks

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I think you have to draw a square and put it on the background to do this. This is how I proceed but I am not an expert.

3. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Be sure to make it on a different layer than the one where the other stuff is on. If you put that layer in the back and lock it, it should be out of your way.

4. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

To create a new layer, go to the layers palette and make a new layer. Drag the new layer below the original layer.

Lock your first layer. Click on the new unlocked layer. Take your box tool and draw your background box. Go to your swatch palette and make your color. If you only want the color to fill your new box, then make sure you don't make a color for any outlines.

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You can also put a colored box on a master page and apply that master to any of the pages you want that background on.

6. Austin907 thread starter macrumors newbie