Indesign - Rounded Corners

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by 2Sticky, Sep 30, 2008.

1. 2Sticky macrumors regular

In InDesign I can drawer a box and then round the corners going object > Corner options.. etc

However this will round all four corners, is there a way to make it round 2? Or just on, or is the only way to round all of them and then put a box in the corner to cover up the ones I don't want rounded?

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

If your familiar with illustrator and the pen tool for creating paths, then you can use the same tool in ID to create a frame of whatever shape you choose, be it 3 right angles and a curve or an oddly shaped curved splat :)

3. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Under the Window menu, go to Automation/Scripts
    In the Scripts palette, select Application/Samples/JavaScript/CornerEffects.jsx

Under the Pattern pull-down menu, choose whatever combination of corners you need. Note that the first corner is top-right, and then moves counter-clockwise. It's a little finicky, but easier than the alternative. Hopefully this will be enhanced in CS4.

4. flrazor macrumors member

flrazor

Awesome! I had always hoped there was something like this somewhere in the program. Thanks, brad!

5. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Or...you could just draw the rounded corner box, and place another box over it and pathfinder the corners you don't want rounded.

Quick, easy & painless. :p

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

That was my point :)

7. 2Sticky thread starter macrumors regular

All sound good ways, shall give them a go, thanks.

8. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

^^ Another valid way to do it. I switched to the javascript method so I could numerically size the box first, then quickly add corners second. Came in handy when creating multiple boxes to match separate, specifically sized regions.