Indesign settings gone to pot!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by dazzer21, Jun 12, 2015.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

I haven't adjusted any default settings in any way but for a couple of days now, using inDesign CS5 (OS X 10.6.8) has defaulted to opening with no tools or palettes active at all (so first thing I need to do each time is open the Tools and Control palettes) and ALL the other palette windows are grouped as one. And the only ways I can individually access them is to tear the ones I want off to view separately or minimise the palette down to just the icons, although this creates a list so long it runs off the bottom of the screen. This has happened overnight and I have put both the permissions and the disk itself through disk utility and it reports as being fine. Thinking back to OS9 (yes, such a thing DID exist...), a way of resetting defaults if I remember was to hold down the option key while opening the application. I don't particularly want to have to uninstall/install if there's a way around it (especially if it means I have to reinstall the complete CS5 suite). Any ideas please? Thanks.

2. bhtwo macrumors 6502a

bhtwo

Hmmm... odd. Could be the plist is corrupted. You may find it on a Time machine backup.
    Just thinking aloud really.

maybe revert to an older workspace.