Indesign Template for ios7 prototyping

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by RicerDicer, May 30, 2014.

1. RicerDicer macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

After looking for different offline prototyping tools to use, I decided to try Indesign. I had assumed that if Indesign is used for prototyping apps, someone must have created an .indd file containing the correctly sized buttons and templates so that they can easily be dragged around.

At the moment, the only solution I see is to take the PSD ios templates and save them bit by bit into draggable elements, but it boggles my mind as to how nobody already prepared these elements for prototyping.

Please let me know if these .indd files exist. If not, has anyone already neatly cropped all the ios7 parts so that they can be inserted into Indesign?

Thank you so much!

2. fig macrumors 6502a

fig

I think your problem might be assuming that people are using InDesign for iOS prototyping.

Have to say that would be my last choice, especially with all the templates available for other apps (as well as new apps specifically aimed towards interface design like Sketch).

3. RicerDicer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Fig.

I'd check out sketch but unless I'm mistaken it's only for Mac. As far as PC program go, Im looking at Illustrator combined with the Mobile App Visual Flowchart.
    http://uxkits.com/products/mobile-app-visual-flowchart-illustrator-template

Have you used this one, and are there any others available for windows you'd think would do as good of a job? I also tried out balsamiq which is alright.

4. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

I think that RicerDicer hit the nail on the head. It's not really what InDesign is designed for - although I guess you *could* use it if you felt a little masochistic.

Personally, in the past I've used OmniGraffle with the free Konigi wireframe stencils available here:

http://konigi.com/tools/omnigraffle-wireframe-stencils

It's good enough so sketch out the rough gist of your idea.

I should point out that I don't work for Konigi or OmniGraffle, although for the amount of evangelising I do for them, the should maybe consider paying me! ;-)

5. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Try Sketch 3 and Omnigraffle, these are what I'm using for design apps.