indesign to pdf HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alionx, Nov 19, 2008.

1. alionx macrumors newbie

After converting an indesign (from indesign --> export as pdf) document to pdf,
    some fonts made with stroke,
    are converted to pdf without the stroke.

inside pdf: all fonts are embedded.

i would appreciate some help...

thanks

2. durija macrumors 6502

Convert all fonts to outlines before exporting to PDF. That should ensure everything will look the same.

3. alionx thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks,

but i'd like to know the reason for not being able to convert the specific "fonts".

4. durija macrumors 6502

I'm not sure we're using terminology in quite the same way. Let me understand. You have some text, and you have applied a stroke to that text. When you export to PDF, the text is exported just fine, but the stroke disappears?
    Does the stroke vanish on some or all of the text to which it is applied?
    Does it only disappear on a particular font, or all fonts?
    Your second post asks why you cannot "convert" specific fonts. So I am a little confused. Are the fonts not embedding, or is the problem still that the stroke is not retained?
    What kind of PDF are you making? Press Quality? X/1-a? Smallest file size? And does that change the result?
    Does converting all text to outlines fix the problem from a practical standpoint? And you just want to know why it's not working without that step? Or even converted to outlines, you lose the stroke?
    Too many questions?

5. creatiac macrumors newbie

indesign outlined font stroke issues

I am also having issues with exporting font strokes, from InDesign to pdf

I have fonts that are outlines and I am using 2 different stroke weights. (.5 and .25) Each text block is a copy of the other and just edited. On most of the pages on the exported pdf the stroke shows up just fine after the file is optimized, but some show up with no variation and even heavier than they should be all together. I have tried changing many export options as well as optimizing option in acrobat. It is happening randomly on both fonts i am using, optima and tekton pro.
    I am trying very hard to get my portfolio emailed out to jobs..very frustrated any help would be much apprectiated.