Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luke3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
I am using core data to fetch an entity. I only want those results to show up in the second section of my tableview and something else show up in another section... But I am getting the crash. What am I doing wrong?

index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0]

Here is some code
Code:
 - (NSInteger)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView numberOfRowsInSection:(NSInteger)section {
switch(section){
        case 0:
            return 7;
        case 1:
        return [[[self.fetchedResultsController sections] objectAtIndex:section] numberOfObjects];

}
    return 0;
    }

- (NSInteger)numberOfSectionsInTableView:(UITableView *)tableView {
    return 2;
    }

- (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath {

static NSString *CellIdentifier = @"Cell";

UITableViewCell *cell = [tableView dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:CellIdentifier];
    if (cell == nil) {
        cell = [[UITableViewCell alloc] initWithStyle:UITableViewCellStyleSubtitle reuseIdentifier:CellIdentifier];
    }

Player *p = [_fetchedResultsController objectAtIndexPath: indexPath];

switch (indexPath.section) {
        case 0:
            switch (indexPath.row) {
                case 0:
                    cell.textLabel.text = _team.teamName;
                    break;
                case 1:
                    cell.textLabel.text = _team.headCoach;
                    break;
                default:
                    break;
            }
            break;
        case 1:{

cell.textLabel.text = p.firstName;
            cell.detailTextLabel.text = p.team.teamName;
        }
        default:
        break;
    }

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Have you identified the line that is causing the crash? I'm on a mobile so I don't have any debug tools with me but nothing is jumping out at me...

luke3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Have you identified the line that is causing the crash? I'm on a mobile so I don't have any debug tools with me but nothing is jumping out at me...

Yeah the crash is happening on

Player *p = [_fetchedResultsController objectAtIndexPath: indexPath];

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I am using core data to fetch an entity. I only want those results to show up in the second section of my tableview and something else show up in another section... But I am getting the crash. What am I doing wrong?

index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0]

Well, seems your array contains 0 or 1 entries and you're trying to fetch the 2nd entry. Use a watch on the variable in the debugger to see its content.

Particular reason you're using _fetchedResultsController instead of self.fetchedResultsController ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.