Indexhibit vs. Stacey

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by boohoowoofoo, May 13, 2011.

1. boohoowoofoo macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So as I am redesigning my website I am considering learning one of the smaller CMS systems so I can eventually create templates and use them for clients who want to be able to update their sites without my help.

I know there is Wordpress, and it is number one right now, but as far as I can see, designing a template for Wordpress is a pain and apparently somewhat hard to learn since so many businesses are offering wordpress translation services.

I know how to make a website from scratch, but I just want something that will allow me to create a streamline, simple, and clean site similar to something like: http://alexandraknight.com.au/portfolio/story-1/

Here is the major question:

Indexhibit or Stacey?

I am learning that Stacey CMS works REALLY well with OS X and it has a bit more flexibility?

Can either one allow me to create my own site without being forced to pick a template like in wordpress?

Is there a better alternative?

Thanks guys?

2. boohoowoofoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I did a bit more research and apparently Stacey does not even have a UI for content management. In a way that is not a problem for me since I know CSS but I guess it can be confusing for when I work with other websites and I cannot quite see what I am doing.

Is there a UI for indexhibit?