India Panicked by MonkeyMan!

aricher

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I heard about this on NPR the other morning and had to look into it. It's stranger than the Chupacabra stories from South America. The story has been around for a few years but it appears that attacks have been escalating in the past few weeks.

Monkey Man Attack!

aricher

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
jsw said:
This struck me as funny. The whole region's in a panic, but apparently $1,100 is all they could come up with.
The per capita income in New Delhi is 53,976 Rupees. This converts to $1,159.88 USD. To someone living in India this is quite a bit of money. You have to remember that the pay scale in India is much less than other countries - hence the outsourcing trend.

Average Delhiite earns Rs 54K

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
aricher said:
The per capita income in New Delhi is 53,976 Rupees. This converts to $1,159.88 USD. To someone living in India this is quite a bit of money. You have to remember that the pay scale in India is much less than other countries - hence the outsourcing trend.

Average Delhiite earns Rs 54K
I still think they should allow whomever captures the guy (he exists, right? ;)) to eBay him. That'll bring a lot more $$.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
aricher said:
I heard about this on NPR the other morning and had to look into it. It's stranger than the Chupacabra stories from South America. The story has been around for a few years but it appears that attacks have been escalating in the past few weeks.

Monkey Man Attack!
It seems like this is old news. The date from the article says May 21 2001

aricher

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
topicolo said:
It seems like this is old news. The date from the article says May 21 2001
The attacks have started again which is why I said "The story has been around for a few years but it appears that attacks have been escalating in the past few weeks. "

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
jsw said:
This struck me as funny. The whole region's in a panic, but apparently $1,100 is all they could come up with.
Most people I know with money aren't overly big on contributing to "catch the monkey man" funds. :D They prefer growth funds! :eek: ;) :D