Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Does the unlimtd texting option apply ONLY to phones on the AT&T network, or do they allow texting to all carriers (specifically verizon). I'm switching from VZW just for this phone, and if I'll have to pay an outrageous amount for texting to my buds, then sadly I will reconsider. :(

dannyallen34

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2005
Does the unlimtd texting option apply ONLY to phones on the AT&T network, or do they allow texting to all carriers (specifically verizon). I'm switching from VZW just for this phone, and if I'll have to pay an outrageous amount for texting to my buds, then sadly I will reconsider. :(

It is to all carriers. They have special plans that are only unlimited to Cingular for like $10 but for the iPhone they are too all carriers.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
It is to all carriers. They have special plans that are only unlimited to Cingular for like $10 but for the iPhone they are too all carriers.

Whew! Big one off my shoulders! :D

I'll take your opinion for it.. but is it written anywhere? :)

Edit: Also, will it cost my friends more? They most likely have unlimtd txt w/ VZW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.