INDOWS XP + EXTERNAL Display- HOW!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marclapierre13, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

I cant for the life of me get my plasma tv to get hooked up to my MBP when im in windows XP. How do i do it!!!

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Right click on the desktop, properties, "extend my desktop to this display" on the 2nd display.

You have to be specific if you want help. Does your Macbook pro have Nvidia or ATI graphics? They have different control panels; and you may have to use them depending on the Plasma's resolution.

3. marclapierre13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

my macbook is listed in my sig. nvidia.

ill try that. hopefully itll work in XP. My plasma shows up in my OS X, but when I have no clue how to switch it when in XP

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

On XP (Service Pack 2), open your Hardware Wizard (Control Panel to View My System Info to Devices to Show Hardware). Click that and it should say in the list something like "LCD" or "Display." Click that and the Plasma should be there. Click on Properties and there is your answer.

5. marclapierre13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

its not working, or showing up any more. the right click to display worked, but now my xp crashed and it wont.
    i go display selector, and select tv + laptop, but it wont detect my plasma. wtfÉ!

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.