Inductive charging stands...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmgregory1, Nov 7, 2017.

1. jmgregory1 macrumors 68000

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    I'm surprised that there are so few Qi wireless charging stands on the market - those that are out there now that I've seen look terrible, like some old-school "tech" device from the '80's. With the X requiring a more direct-to-face glance for easy unlocking, you would think every manufacturer out there would have an option for a charging stand that not only holds and charges the iPhone X and 8, but positions it at an upward facing angle much like Apple's own Lightning charging stand. The hockey puck flat charging pads seem to be missing the whole point of the X's facial unlock feature - unless they expect everyone to be hunched over their desks in order to unlock their iPhones - or expect you to pick up the device any time you want to use it.

Surely it can't be that difficult to produce a nice looking wireless desktop charging stand?

2. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

You mean like this one I got :)

Attached Files:

3. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

Have you even tried searching on amazon for wireless charging stand? I got tired of scrolling down after the 5th page of them. Not one was a puck.

4. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

5. rjruiz2 macrumors 6502

I couldn't find any myself on Amazon, maybe 1 pages worth at that but everything else was a puck design.

6. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

7. off_piste macrumors 6502a

I just went on to Amazon and they have several pages of wireless charging stands...

8. jmgregory1 thread starter macrumors 68000

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Yep, I've looked and what I've seen, like what jamin00 attached, are all designs that look terrible in my opinion. Big black plastic or plastic and metal that appear to be designed by PC manufacturers of the '80's - '90's. I'm looking for something more modern and clean - like Apple's Lightning charging stand, minus the Lightning connection. Something simple that has a strong enough base to allow you to interact with your iPhone when it's sitting on the stand, but also look good when it's not. I may be overly picky, but I just won't put up with bad design - especially when it's going to sit on my desk next to my iMac or rMBP and iPad.

9. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00