Industrial Strength Case for iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by treemarker, Dec 2, 2011.

1. treemarker macrumors newbie

I have finally invested in an iPhone. I work outdoors and my previous phones have often gotten dirty or damaged from the work I do. Can anyone recommend a good, industrial strength case that might help to protect my new phone?

2. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I work in EMS. I found that the otterbox defender is best for protection. Fully covers the phone and is well protected from drops.

EDIT: if you want it, try Amazon. They have good prices on them.

3. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

If you work with Trees or dust, the Defender is NOT a good choice as it is wide open at the earpiece and the camera.

For complete protection with a little bit of bulk go with LifeProof, it is $80, but it is dust proof, waterproof, shockproof and snowproof.

There's also the Griffin Survivor, which is really extreme, and it's about $40. It has a full screen protection and a camera cover, but it is REALLY bulky, but REALLY safe (It survived being dropped in a puddle for me). It is a great case.

Then you have the Case-Mate Tank. I'm not too familiar with that as it just came out.

You have quite a few case choices, but I would choose between the Survivor and the Lifeproof as they're the best protection against dust

4. treemarker thread starter macrumors newbie

THanks so much for your suggestions. I do work with trees and dust. I will look into all.

5. indyzzzz macrumors 6502a

Griffin Survivor, check out videos on youtube of it being used in snow

6. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

7. LithePanther macrumors 6502

The otterbox defender is a cheap piece of crap - don't buy it.

The griffin survivor on the other hand, aside from being a lint magnet and a stupid cover port, is fantastic. Best case I've ever owned, protection wise.

8. treemarker thread starter macrumors newbie

As a follow up I bought the casemate tank. This is my quiet time at work and so most of my phone use has been everyday and not work use. Within one month of use the clip is broken and the case has also cracked. Looking at trying the griffin case next!

9. Dahammer macrumors newbie

I have the survivor and it is tuff as nails. It is bulky and the cover on the camera lens is a pain but it does an awesome job at protecting the phone. It is a very well made case and has an excellent fit.

10. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Not the Max4/tree camo version. One of the best cases out there. The rubber doesn't come out and is stiff as hell. Also feels solid.

11. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Life proof case is a great one for outdoors