Ineligible iCloud Music Library songs deleted from iPad

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SamB11, Jul 15, 2015.

1. SamB11 macrumors member

SamB11

Hi All, having a serious issue with icloud music library.
    Firstly to set the scene, I have icloud Music Library turned on on my mac and iphone, but not my ipad.
    In my itunes library I have some audiobooks that i also have synced to my ipad, but in itunes i have the ineligible icon next to the tracks. No biggie, I don't mind not being able to access them on all devices as i only want them on my laptop and ipad. Now, on my ipad I have it set so that itunes will copy my entire music library to it (I have enough space for all of it!) I'll then go in to my ipad settings and turn on icloud music library as I want to have my saved apple music songs available on my ipad. Now the ineligible audiobooks have been deleted from my ipad. Ill turn off icloud music library, in turn loosing the apple music songs, re sync the ipad with my laptop and ill get the tracks back. Is there a way that I can have icloud music library turned on but without it deleting my audiobooks?
    Thanks.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

The iOS "merge" for iCloud Music Library isn't as powerful as it is in iTunes on a Mac. (iTunes merges, matches and uploads while iOS just merges.) So it tosses anything not eligible sadly. I agree it should just keep them on your iDevice even if ineligible like it does on a Mac. (Since the song file was already on the phone.)

Two things I know that make songs ineligible are low quality (I believe 96 and below is not accepted and 128 and above is, and if a song is 200mb or more.)