Inertia scrolling keeps reseting...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Marcus263, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Marcus263 macrumors regular

Is anyone else having a problem where they enable 'elastic scrolling' then it randomly turns off, so you have to go back to preferences to toggle it on and off?

I've seen one or two posts comment on this but that was from April with nobody mentioning it again.

2. Marcus263 thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed it.

I had MobileMe and it was trying to sync with the other computers which caused the reset. Turn off Sync system Preferences and it should be ok.

3. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Actually, you didn't fix it. Here's what I've learned about the inertia scroll setting:

If you install Lion "fresh" it will be toggled on by default. Once you toggle it off however, it will be enabled again every time you reboot.

If you upgrade Lion on top of Snow Leopard *AND* the inertia setting is off, Lion will remember that setting from boot to boot. Change the setting though and it won't stick.

It's a bug... one of many I hope they address.

4. Lazlow macrumors member

This is super annoying, having the same issue. I liked scrolling without inertia in Snow Leopard, but inertia feels more natural in Lion, so I turned it on... and now it won't remember it. Apple better fix this soon.

5. jbouklas macrumors regular

It is super annoying. The only way I could get rid of it is with a fresh install.