Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Usernames Suck

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
While on Safari on the new iPod touch, I noticed I can't scroll with inertia through Safari. Is there any fix to this?

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Are you scrolling with just one finger? So as soon as you let go, it stops moving?

Usernames Suck

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I am scrolling with one finger, and I'm actually getting some inertia now that I'm looking for it, but is there any way to get more inertia?

fswmacguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2009
Inertia is set by iOS. You cannot change it, unfortunately.

The faster you flick your finger, the faster the page will go.

Usernames Suck

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it. :eek:

I'm just used to inertia scrolling on my mbp trackpad.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
The 4G gives the illusion of having less inertial scrolling than the 3G I think. It's almost like giving it a push goes for a certain number of pixels, so on the 4G with pixels half the size your push doesn't make it scroll as far as it used to.

Greg

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I've noticed the lack of inertia in safari. I don't think it's an illusion either because I shouldn't have to scroll three times up or down a regular forum just to get to the top/bottom. The 2g can get to the bottom of same exact page with a good flick, 4g just kind of stops immediately.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I notice they added a little gravity to the inertia. I felt lists were previously was too easily spun and would overshoot my target more often than not. It's enough more "precise" now that actually enjoy hunting for specific songs and use my new Touch for music now.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I've noticed the lack of inertia in safari. I don't think it's an illusion either because I shouldn't have to scroll three times up or down a regular forum just to get to the top/bottom. The 2g can get to the bottom of same exact page with a good flick, 4g just kind of stops immediately.

To scroll to the top, you can actually just tap the status bar on the top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.