inexpensive earphones w/mic & volume control

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Uabcar, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Any recommendations on cheap earbuds with mic and volume controls. I've got a 3gs and just want need them for basic audio (i.e AOL Radio or WunderRadio etc.)listening and the occasional phone call.

I've got a good set of headphones for music etc.

$30 or less would be nice.

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

3. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Man, I hate to be "that chick", but did you try searching? I don't really want to go hunting around for the info right now, but I bought exactly what you're looking for. I just can't remember the model number. It was from a company called Scosche. I got mine from amazon for around 30 or 35 bucks.

4. Jenkins12 macrumors member

It's going to be hard to get these at $30 or less, unless you don't mind having some low quality ones. I bought some headphones last boxing day with a volume control, no mic, and they were $30 lol.

5. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

oddly enough, I came across these earlier today and ordered a set. The description is: "Scosche HP150M Noise Isolation Earphones with TapLINE Control Technology". I paid $24 shipped. From what i could gather, they are a previous gen model (think current is the HP155).

Reviews are mixed but I hope they'll be good enough for my purposes.

How do you like them?

6. hushmartin macrumors 6502

I really like them. They do exactly what they are supposed to, and do it rather well. Obviously, they aren't Bose or Klipsch, but you aren't paying that price either. The sound is pretty good. The bass isn't as rich as I would normally like, other than that it's okay. You can tweak some of the settings in the iPhone to make them sound a bit better if it really bothers you. I think they are great for full featured headphones that I don't feel bad about using and abusing! Voice sound during phone calls was really good, and the mic is great, the phone calls I've made don't give away to the person on the other end that I am using headphones.

7. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

^^^^
    Great. Thanks. It sounds like I'll be happy with them - given what I want them for- which is certainly not hi-fi sound quality.

8. SuperKat macrumors regular

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

In case anyone is interested or still looking, New Original Authentic Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic, Volume Control, Music & Video Playback, Answer & End Calls:

Today only though:

http://www.dailysteals.com/default.aspx

10. Tilt macrumors member

check out flea bay. I bought a couple pair of in the ear with the volume control and they have worked great less than $40 If I remember right.

11. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

I have tried other headphones, and the original iphone headphones that came with my 3g hurt my ears after a while, I know they are kind of expensive but the inner ear headphones that apple offers on their site seem to be the way to go. Im going to have to save for them but I think honestly that they would be the best way to go.