Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dokindo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I was looking for a way to power my 11" MBA when traveling (plane and airport / offices where I don't have easy access to an outlet).

I checked out the hypermac and batterygeek options but these were pretty expensive.

I found this energizer portable outlet that you can plug your wall adapter into directly. http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Portable-Power-Outlet-ER-2dFLY/dp/B000TSAPGC

For $44, I should be able to get an additional 2.5 hours of use (office, web, wifi). The only test I ran so far was with a fully charged MBA, and it stayed in this state while using it plugged into the energizer unit for ~2.5 hours. (I do run coolbook)

Another benefit is that the device has 2 USB ports which could be used to charge other devices.

Only weighs about 1 pound, so I can throw it into my laptop bag with the MBA "plugged in".

The only major con I see is that it has no indicator to provide battery status. But I'll live with this.

Anyway, this maybe worthwhile for some of you in similar situations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.