Inexpensive iPhone sync cable that is similar to the Apple OEM one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by applephysci, Feb 8, 2011.

1. applephysci macrumors regular

Several of the non-OEM iPhone sync cables out there are not physically similar to the OEM Apple ones. The end that plugs into the iPhone is either thicker and or longer in shape and size.

The problem is that for the ones that you think are similar to the Apple OEM one, they end up being inaccurate. They mislead you by stating on their product description pages that they are similar and the pictures they use are the pics taken of the Apple one. I've gotten duped by four companies, which I of course realize only after the product has arrived in the mail.

I need several of these for all of our family iPhones, and I've been trying to get non-OEM ones to save on costs. Why do I need one that is similar in size to the OEM Apple ones? Well, I ordered several of the Sinjimoru Dock Stand, which after they arrived I realized that it will work only with the Apple OEM-type short-ended sync cables.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I actually found a place on eBay that was selling them for $5 I think so I bought 2 of them. I got them and they look used but they are in fact oem and work perfectly including with the bumper where most knockoffs don't work.

3. applephysci thread starter macrumors regular

Would you be kind enough to share the posting link? You can also PM me if you'd prefer. Much thanks.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I bought a bunch of OEM apple ones on eBay for a buck each.

5. threezero macrumors 6502

Any idea where to oem or oem spec sync cable that is longer than the ones that came with iPhones?

6. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Don't think they are available but you can use the cable that came with the phone and buy an extension cord which is what I did from monoprice.com