Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hacks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
I'm looking for a laptop stand for my Macbook. Something like the Twelve South BookArc would be fine, but I can't bring myself to spend $50+ on it.

I'm not saying that $50 is a huge amount of money, but it just seems like a lot for a glorified napkin holder. And all the other brands that I have seen have followed suit.

So what I am wondering is if there is an inexpensive stand out there? It doesn't need to be fancy nor match the Macbook, just something to hold it while not scratching it.

Hacks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
I use a laptop stand that has cooling fans, but that was for my old mac book, but i use it with my retina

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
H3860_zpsrmb54kfi.jpg

The Belkin Zero Stand for $49.95

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H..._pcrid_54158643894_&cid=cmk-us-kwg-pla-belkin

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I'm looking for a laptop stand for my Macbook. Something like the Twelve South BookArc would be fine, but I can't bring myself to spend $50+ on it.

I'm not saying that $50 is a huge amount of money, but it just seems like a lot for a glorified napkin holder. And all the other brands that I have seen have followed suit.

So what I am wondering is if there is an inexpensive stand out there? It doesn't need to be fancy nor match the Macbook, just something to hold it while not scratching it.

I made one out of some scrap pieces of teak I had. Holds it vertical behind my monitor. I think the teak looks nice with the brushed aluminum. Total cost was a little of my time as I had all the materials already. I would post a pix but I'm traveling right now.

Hacks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
I made one out of some scrap pieces of teak I had. Holds it vertical behind my monitor. I think the teak looks nice with the brushed aluminum. Total cost was a little of my time as I had all the materials already. I would post a pix but I'm traveling right now.

I was thinking about taking 0.25" thick x 3" wide x 12" long piece of steel, heating it and bending it over the side of a barrel to give it an arc shape. Then cutting a notch in it so it looks similar to the BookArc. If I wanted to go all out I could have it chromed. If not, then I could just paint it. Then all I would need is some felt or rubber inside of the notch to protect the laptop.

But I would rather just buy something cheap :D:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.