Inexpensive plug-in microphone for recording lectures?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fanofdool, Jan 24, 2011.

1. fanofdool macrumors newbie

Okay, I've done some research on this, but most of the discussion on this is outdated or doesn't answer my questions completely:

What is the best inexpensive stereo jack plug-in microphone for recording lectures from a few feet away on my iPod touch?

iTalk and Mikey and whatnot are way out of my price range for how often (or unoften) I'm going to be using it. I'm looking for something more along the lines of RapCap or SwitchEasy, but even after reading some reviews, I'm unclear on what the best option is. I don't need something to record lectures in a huge hall –*I just need something to record a teacher talking 5 feet away from a desk in the front row of a classroom. Preferably under $20. I know it won't be astonishing quality but it doesn't need to be, I only need the recordings for personal use. If it's relatively inexpensive, and I can understand the words well enough to know what was said and maybe take some notes, I'm happy.

Any ideas?

2. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

3. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

The switcheasy thumbtack is really nice. I have one brand new that I don't really use. I should sell it actually.

They are pretty good for recording, they cut out a lot of the air noise that you might get with other mics. For the price you can't beat it.