Inexpensive slim but grippy cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by satchmo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. satchmo macrumors 68000

I've always been partial to slimmer cases that hardly add any bulk to the phone. Even Apple's silicone and leather ones seem too thick. And of course it's pretty pricey as well.

Granted, they don't offer a whole lot of protection. I also look for cases that have some kind of rubbery or soft touch feel that adds grippiness.

Here are a few that others who may be looking for similar type solutions. I'm leaning towards the Empire Klix as I had good success with an iPhone 4s case in the past. However, Incipio products are also quite well regarded.

Empire Klix

Noot

Incipio Feather

2. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

3. brucecottonmout macrumors member

I like the black Empire Klix, OP. looks pretty slim, and it looks like it makes it easy to hold the phone

4. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

The Empire looks exactly like the Noot, only more expensive.

I just ordered the Noot yesterday (along with the Rock 0.8MM TPU and Spigen Aluminum). I'll post up a review on each after they arrive.

I'm in the same boat - I like something that is very thin, offers some grip, and provides scratch protection. That's why I got both the Noot and the ROCK. I don't typically like clear cases, but the ROCK case has gotten a lot of positive feedback on here and some of the user pictures have looked nice.

Then I went with the Spigen Aluminum case to offer a little more drop protection for when I'm out drinking and whatnot, lol.

5. satchmo thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. But as crazy as it sound, it's too bulky.
    Very similar to the Apple Silicone which for me is too thick.

That said, it looks like it offers pretty good protection.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

So funny, as I was about to recommend ZooGue. :)

7. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Inexpensive slim but grippy cases...

It doesn't cover the top or bottom, but is minimal, not flimsy, and super GRIPPY with a sand type texture - the Bear Motion SAND case. Comes in several colors, I got black. $9. 49 positive reviews at bear motion /amazon website.
    I stopped shopping once I got this and I tried all the slim Shumuri/ebay type cases and clear flexible shells.

9. yui4 macrumors 6502

Are there any cases like the caudabe veil that cover the buttons whilst remaining really thin?

10. waxlabo macrumors regular

11. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Inexpensive slim but grippy cases

I have tried many cases and recently tried the Anker clear TPU case from Amazon and I've been loving mine for the last month or so.

For me when it comes to cases, I pretty much in the past have just been using a skin on my phone. With the iphone 6 I decided I wanted something similar to just a skin but didn't want to use a skin because it interferes when I do want to use cases. For example when i go out some nights I like to use somewhat of a bulky case as we all know how clumsy we get when we drink. Also like to use a waterproof case when I go to the lake or snowboarding, with a skin most cases don't fit like they should. With a thin TPU case I seem to get the feel like using a skin but also easily comes off for when I need to use a case.

Also big for me was for it able to dock on my iHome without having to take my case off every night and also to be able to use with many other accessories that I like to use. For $10 for 2 cases and Anker's 18 month warranty, it's worth the money IMO.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Here's the Zoogue in my hand. It gives you a sense about it. You can see some of the ribs if you look for it.

[​IMG]

13. tops2 macrumors regular

Interesting case. It looks almost like all the other thin cheap cases you'd find on eBay but it has dust cover and textured sides. It also lookalike the mcDoDo case, but with textured side. Tempted to buy one to test it out...

14. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Speck Candyshell Grip (http://www.speckproducts.com/candyshell-grip-cases-for-iphone-6.html)

Speck has been around since the beginning. Their cases are great quality, fit perfectly, and protect very well. And, all Speck cases have the so important lip to allow placing the phone screen down on a surface.

The Candyshell Grip (on my iPhone 6 now) is thin, light, protective, and very "grippy". Awesome case.