Inexperience with apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lindat, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Lindat macrumors member

I've longed for an iphone for at least a year. I must be the only person to have a couple of hundred apps sitting on my home pc "waiting" to be transferred to a new iphone. On the eve of the new iphone 4 being released I finally ordered an unlocked iphone 3GS from ebay (what a day to choose!!). I don't mind, it's fine. BUT here is the problem, my home pc crashed. I don't have a list of all the apps I downloaded. I don't know how I can get them on to the iphone now. I know if you download them on the iphone first, they sync to your pc.
    I have downloaded a few more on to my netbook, using my same email address, but they are different ones of course.
    So, my question is, if I plug in my iphone to my netbook, I can sync up the apps there, but what about all the hundreds of others on the broken pc? If I give it my email address, will it know that others should be there?
    I am so green and inexperienced, any help appreciated. I don't want to have wasted all my time and money. I'm sure there is an easy solution.
    Thanks.

2. Lindat thread starter macrumors member

Ps

No-one has replied yet, but I hope the replies come rushing in soon! Just thought of another question: once I have downloaded the apps from my netbook to my iphone, will it be easy to transfer those to a new pc when I get one?
    Sooooo complicated!