inFAMOUS, FUEL or Sims 3?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Josh Kahane, May 20, 2009.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

So three highly anticipated games, all big ones, coming out at the end of the month.

Which one? Give me your reasons. Thanks.

inFAMOUS (PS3)
    FUEL (PS3)
    Sims 3 (Mac)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well of those three, I had considered buying ALL of them :D

inFAMOUS because it looks like an excellent new IP on the PS3 and I loved Crackdown on the 360.

Sims 3 - I will buy, but will probably wait until the MAC version is released (unless EA do a Spore job and release both PC/MAC versions). I just loved the Sims, Sims2 - so basically Sims 3 is a no brainer.

FUEL whilst considering purchasing, will most likely end up being the one I 'wont' buy unless it is reviewed very highly. It looks promising, but with so many good games out, it may be the one that I have to just say no.

Games I'm also getting / considering in the next couple of weeks (Bionic Commando, Sacred 2, GhostBusters)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

inFAMOUS (is that inFAMOS in America :p) gets my vote. Game looks and sounds stunning. But I'm not after Fuel or Sims 3.

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'd go with Infamous, and be sure to check out the demo tonight.

Of course... all three look great. I already have Infamous and The Sims on pre-order. Waiting for Fuel reviews.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

In my case I'll be purchasing inFAMOUS & Punch Out this month. inFAMOUS looks to be an all around fun game with a strong story and Punch Out has Bald Bull and thats insta-classic in my eyes.

Bless

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

inFamous, at least the demo, is fantastic. Great fun (a bit difficult actually). Feels more like a Star Wars game in an urban environment.

Sims 3, sadly, won't be great until a few decent expansion packs come out to help top up the house items etc if Sims 1 & 2 are any indication.

7. Josh Kahane thread starter macrumors 6502

For anyone who didn't know as well, The Sims 3 includes both PC and Mac versions on one disc. So us Mac users get it at the same time!

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

In that case it's a sure buy for me..... grab some play time when I'm supposed to be working :D

9. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

11. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Get infamous played the demo it rocks
    and yes EA atleast from ive seen on pre order box designs that its gonna be a Mac/pc hybrid DVD

yeah get Ghostbusters Eurogamer already gave a Review and Gave it a 9/10

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'd get Sims 3 (well in reality I wouldn't, but you gave 3 choices). I don't own a console and don't plan to buy one.

Sims has always been good, so I can only expect it to get better.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

One to avoid : DAMNATION (PS3)

Whatever you do DO NOT get DAMNATION!! I hired it today for the craic after reading the devastating review Eurogamer gave it... Surely it can't really be worth 3/10 after all those positive previews could it ?

Answer.... HELL YES! Wow seriously I would never have thought a publisher like Codemasters would have even dared release this worthless piece of junk of the public. Doing so only hurts their portfolio.

I haven't played many games as bad as this on any of the next-gen consoles even at Launch some 3 1/2 years ago....

Graphically its bland to say the least, the platform sections are perfunctory at best, the shooting is appalling as you simply can not aim properly.

CutScenes are particularly terrible, they are pre-rendered but done with the game engine so were never going to look great, but afterwards they have been put through the worst video compressor EVER - the end result is truly awful.

AVOID like the plague. Eurogamer were TOO generous with their 3/10.

14. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Lol, so Damnation really sucks does it. That's kind of what I expected...

Anyway, Infamous demo rocks.

15. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Yes. Very close to Lawrence Expwy.

16. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Played the inFamous demo and must say I am quite impressed. I was skeptical about the whole idea of the game, but after playing it I'm a fan. I'm not sure if it is enough for me to buy it, however it seems to be a fun game.

I'm personally waiting for Batman on the PS3 (late summer), the game is going to be epic...I've played a sneak preview of it already.

17. macfan881 macrumors 68020

the thing that wants me to get it is you would atleast want to play it twice one as a villan and a hero so you can get the diffrent endings and then trophies i do give sony and ms for doing the trophies/achivments it gives your games more replay value

18. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Honestly if I play a game after beating it, its because it was a great game. The last thing I care about is e-dick awards, which is all trophies and achievements amount to. Its the how high can you raise your truck award..

Replay for a game should be only for the few elite games that are worthy of your time, not just to show the 13 year old kids that you can play it over and over until you get all the e-dick awards.

So far this generation there have been very few games that are really worthy of replay, sad but true fact.

19. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

My vote goes for infamous :)... I'm going to be picking that one up soon.

20. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Agreed. The only game I have re-played so far is Uncharted. I know I will give Dead Space another round some time down the road. Likely just around when the sequel comes out, to get me in the mood. :)

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Achievements/Trophies are just artificial replay value. I'm not too keen on them either and I'll too only play a game through twice if it's really effin good. However I like to fully explore games before I finish them and that usually unlocks a lot of achievements. Also not happy with such paltry 'achievements', in Bioshock I'm getting achievements for "hacked your first security bot" or "hacked first vending machine". That's not achievement, thats your first one! All achievements should be something grand, something you really can show off. Meh.

I've not even bothered to finish Metroid Prime 3 yet :eek: But the only game I've consistently played is Brawl, but it's more like a sport to me. And maybe Wii Sports, which is more like daft fun to me. Hexic seems to have some kind of addictive attraction too but for me all my replays are on PC games. 16 hours per week on L4D :eek:

22. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

That's true, some games hand out trophies like candy. Kinda defeats the purpose.

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ And there are people who buy those easy trophy points giving games because of it. Sometimes it can be enough to get sales for a game that would otherwise sink out of being utterly unremarkable.

There are plenty of people who like Achievements and therefore I see no reason to not continue their implementation.

Their presence doesn't upset those that are not bothered about them, so really I cant see anything negative about it.

If it adds replayability for some players, then fair-do's.

However... Likewise there have been very few games I've played to the finish this generation, let alone - replay.

Back onto InFAMOUS.... After playing the demo quite a few times, I'm not sure if this game will keep me riveted over 10 hrs tops, and I'm not bowled over by the graphics which can be downright F'UGLY at times. But it is fun which makes up for a lot of it's pitfalls.

24. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

I'm actually playing InFAMOUS right now. I purchased it this morning and have been playing around for a few hours or so (thank god for a day off of work). It's surprisingly fun. :) I'm quite enjoying myself as of right now, but I'm only 3 hours into the game so take my comment with a grain of salt.

25. Haruhi macrumors regular