inFamous Pre-order Come with Uncharted beta!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Apr 24, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Looks like the news coming next week just got leaked by BestBuy! A BestBuy pre-order box for inFamous has a sticker, and here's what it says:

Reserve for the inFamous demo (code valid 5/8 - 5/20)
    Get an Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta for purchasing (code valid 6/3 - 6/28)

So there we go, proof that Uncharted 2 will have some sort of online. Yeeeeeesssssssssss!

http://kotaku.com/5226561/infamous-shocks-us-with-uncharted-2-multiplayer-beta
    [​IMG]

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Looks like I'll be getting inFAMOUS then because I'm intrigue about this multiplayer for uncharted. If this multi is done right with more than just the ordinary deathmatch, team deathmatch....maybe add in a little treasure hunt or make the multiplayer more than just shooting people and add the element of stealth and platforming then we have a winner.

1st person to say "multiplayer will take away from SP player" gets the pimp hand.

Bless

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm getting it anyway, I love Sucker Punch! The Sly games were some of my favorites on PS2. Plus it looks way better than that other open world super hero game that comes out around the same time ;) (prototype)
    Haha, what Uncharted 1 needed was multiplayer because after the story mode there really wasn't much to do...

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Its an adventure game... MP has no business in it. The only reason I can see them putting it in is to give in to the kids that "need" MP on every title that comes to market.

Uncharted needed MP like you need a hole in your head, it did just fine without MP. They need to keep focus on SP, if they sacrifice the SP game for the MP portion I'll not even think of getting the title. SP first, MP should be a afterthought in this genre game.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'll be getting inFamous anyway. I need some Crackdown style fun, we haven't had it in a while and as it's not looking like we will ever see a crackdown 2.....

6. evan g macrumors regular

I am with you there 100%. But why not have awesome SP AND MP? :p

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I can't wait to get both. Though I agree with Edward that MP may be a big mistake. Resistance 2 anyone?

8. Illicit macrumors 6502

+1. SP gets boring switch to MP. MP gets boring switch to SP.
    Def. gonna buy this when it's out.

9. evan g macrumors regular

Seconded! I have my PS3 multiplayer fix with Killzone 2 for competitive, Resistance 2 for co-op, and COD4 for those off days. :D

I guess I'm rather apathetic about the Uncharted MP. I guess I hope they do it right. :) If not, I know Naughty Dog can deliver on the SP.

10. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I saw the pre-order box today when I went to Best Buy to pick up a few games on their $10 sale (UT3 and Pure). Was tempted... but I hate being locked in when I pre-order. I like using Amazon :p.

11. evan g macrumors regular

Yoo cray-see! :eek: