Inferred ??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by notahacker, Jul 16, 2010.

1. notahacker macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having a problem with the iphone 4 accidentally hanging up on people because the phone isn't close enough to their face. I know my 3gs never did this. Did they change the infrared??

2. draz macrumors 6502a

*Infrared

And it is a known issue, Apple said today a fix is on the way soon.

3. hipvamore macrumors regular

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The correct name is proximity sensor. And yes, some iPhone 4 iDevices seem to have issues with it. It is supposed to lock the scrren so your cheek can't hang up the phone.

5. notahacker thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Gotcha.. Ive had 7-8 iphones 2 1gen 3 3g 3 3gs n now the 4 gen the new 4gen seems to not be as sensitive as all the old ones.. Also the old ones seem to have had 2 sensors this one look (4gen) only seems to have one.. Again thank you for the help..

6. notahacker thread starter macrumors newbie

wow really ..

Oh thank god its not MacSpelling:Forums or no one would have a clue what i was talking about. BTW thanks for the help

7. notahacker thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry..

Yea I was sanning the hacks n forgot to go back to the tips n troubleshooting... Thank you for you help!!

8. The General macrumors 601

if i point at some food, grunt, then point at my stomach, you're going to know what i mean.

9. notahacker thread starter macrumors newbie

true

Very true... was your stomach growling?? lmao

10. The General macrumors 601

my point was that you dont have to get all snippy at someone for correcting your spelling. we did know what you meant, but now that you know how to spell it correctly, you won't make that mistake again.

if we didn't know what you were talking about, we would have asked you what you meant instead of correcting your spelling.

11. notahacker thread starter macrumors newbie

Is this condescending I thought people were aloud to ask questions..

A simple reply instead of a condescending message go's a long way. Make sure to pass it on to "we" of course I mean everyone else in the forum. Next time I'll try and be a bit more technical. I didn't realize the impact of misspelled word.Or repeating myself because "we" were far superior.. Again thank you for you help!!