infinifolders, infinidock, scrollingboard - poor batt 5.1.1 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gapperonduty, May 30, 2012.

1. gapperonduty, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012

gapperonduty macrumors 6502

this might be a long shot but I just want to see if anyone is experiencing similar problem....

5.1.1 jailbreak 2.0.2 Absinthe Window.

Any of these (infinifolders, infinidock and scrollingboard) installed and it is killing my battery like a bear on a salmon! It is literally 1% every five minutes...

removing them and things seem better again....

anyone?

edit: other tweaks include activator, ncsettings, remove background and showflash....

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

yes true! same goes for Dashboard X and GridLock!

3. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

also to note...

this does not happen while on 5.0.1

not as drastic as now at least....

4. violence, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012

violence macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4 (CDMA) and have had the same problem, though I don't have any of those apps installed.

However, do they all share a tweak in common, such as Activator or mobile substrate? I've tried uninstalling various apps for lengthy periods of time and none seem to help battery life so I'm assuming it's one of these "major" tweaks

edit
    Apps I've tried deleting but are not the culprits:
    Facebreak
    Direct Closer Pro
    Zephyr
    Killbackground

The only other things I have installed are:
    Adblocker
    Locationholic
    Navigate From Maps
    Pandoraskip
    SBSettings

edit2
    I must say though, my phone isn't quite losing as much battery as you... but for me it is still losing a lot. With 5.0.1, I could go to sleep and wake up and have lost 3-5% battery life, now I lose about 20% in that 8 hour time frame

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Whoa! 20% overnight. Yea something is definitely wrong there. My 4S loses no more than 5% overnight but it's usually about 3-4%.

6. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

maybe the tweaks (in my case, it is only scrollingboard, infinifolders and infinidock) are not yet optimized for 5.1.1 and the new jailbreak?

as the previous poster pointed out...my phone on standby overnight the previous night and it would lose 15-20% - shocking I know...

uninstalling them last night and this morning the phone still has 100%!

installing them again one by one in the morning and I can see the battery percentage bleeds away with every minute as I did some imessaging...

removing them and it is back to normal....:(:(:(:(

phone is on wifi all the time and tweaks are purchased

7. hch3psa macrumors member

hch3psa

I can say without a doubt that Infiniboard was causing me some major battery issues on 5.0.1 I was in the exact same boat. I would install it and could almost watch my battery drop. Doesn't seem as bad on 5.1.1 for me but I uninstalled it anyway. Chpwn was really responsive to me on twitter but basically said he has no idea how that is possible. It only adds the scrolling feature, it doesn't change anything else. Once it sets the scrolling up it doesn't do anything else. I have no idea how/why it causes issues for me but it surely did. As soon as I uninstalled massive battery life improvement. I know that doesn't really help a lot. I didn't have a ton of tweaks but I even went in and disabled everything in MS to just make sure it wasn't a conflict. They were legit purchased versions from Cydia as well.

8. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

dude, whats your secret?!? With just colorkeyboard installed, I would lose 3-4% overnight on standby.

9. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

i was gonna install some of these tweaks this morning until i saw this thread, lol, i only have activator and sb settings and battery is pretty normal.

i havent installed inifinidock or bitesms yet

10. kobiano macrumors member

Out of the 3, I only have Scrolling Board installed on my 5.0.1 JB (iphone 4s). I found that I could live without Infinifolders. Scrolling Board does the same thing that Infindock+Infinifolder, so it's redundant. Why don't you disable both Infindock and Infinifolder and see if that improves your battery life.

11. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

^ , I was using scrollingboard first but started to notice the battery drain, so I uninstall that and had my battery back normal

which is why I went to get the infinifolder and dock to replace scrollingboard...but then the battery problems came back...went to uninstall those and problems go away...

scrollingboard was perfect for me while on 5.0.1

----------

i know all the secrets that everybody already knows about iOS battery optimization! disable push and use fetch manual, turn off all location settings in system services, have icloud enabled only for contacts...such stuff..

i take the phone off the charger right before i sleep and it is always 100 the next morning....