Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebot

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Manchester, UK
This is a great feature. Vertical paging is pretty good, but I have 5 "pages" in my games folder and it's clear that the page size isn't the same as the folder size. After the third page down, the bottom half of the titles of the apps from the row above the page show and the titles of the bottom row are cut off, as you go further it gets more out of sync. Not too much of a problem, but a little annoying nonetheless. Not as annoying as having 5 different games folders though!

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I don't have those many pages, but my I saw the text cutoff issue happen on my brothers phone as he does. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

Anyway I installed the new update and it installed something called IconSupport. Anyone know what this is for? It's running as a Mobile Substrate add-on and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Infinifolders still works exactly like the previous version which didn't need IconSupport.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Still wonder what happens when you try to manage in iTunes?

Have you not plugged your phone into iTunes to find out?

I did last night, and basically, iTunes recognizes the folders but cannot display all the app icons inside it using the iTunes app organizer GUI, so it pretty much renders that useless.

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Anyway I installed the new update and it installed something called IconSupport.
I installed the Infinifolders update and got IconSupport as well. After the Respring, all of my icons where in different places and most of my folders where gone. In iTunes the App layout is screwed up and look nothing like what I see on the iPhone. Before the update, iTunes and the iPhone matched up perfectly except for folders with more than 12 Apps.

S-

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
This is what I dug up about IconSupport.

Safe icon support library for the iPhone. Uses a unique ID for each combination of packages, so icon state is never lost
via respring or uninstalling a new package.

Example usage (in the initializer function of your extension):
dlopen("/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/IconSupport.dylib", RTLD_NOW);
[[objc_getClass("ISIconSupport") sharedInstance] addExtension:mad:"theNameOfMyExtension"];

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Yeah I hope they add horizontal paging someday.

Same here. Horizontal scrolling seems to make more sense. The home screen scrolls horizontally, it would make sense for items within folders to do so as well.

Actually, something with swiped pages much like the home screen would be ideal. The continuous vertical scrolling works OK, but I don't think it's as coherent with the rest of the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.