Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keozen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Ok, I don't know what I've done but here we go.

I had my ipod jailbroken at 1.1.2 all ok and it was working all fine and happy, had a few apps on (summerboard, books, that's about it) and then decided "Why not, let's try going for 1.1.3, I want wiggly icons damnit"

So, I go to installer and see the 1.1.3 upgrade one from touchdev. i install it, and run the update app that it adds, it takes forever to download 1.1.3 from apple then starts doing it's stuff. I walk away from it for a while to get something to eat. When i get back it's at the apple logo.

It then flashes off and re-resets to the apple screen again after around 12 seconds, it then does it again and again and again around 12 secs inbetween each.

I can't get it to a restore screen by holding down the home & sleep as usual, and I can only turn the thing off by holding down the two of those for a while (it usually resets during that time but still goes off after a bit).

Any suggestions? I'm at work at the moment so I can't check to see if I can get in with cyberduck yet, would that even be possible if it's not getting as far as picking up my wireless network?

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Ok, I don't know what I've done but here we go.

I had my ipod jailbroken at 1.1.2 all ok and it was working all fine and happy, had a few apps on (summerboard, books, that's about it) and then decided "Why not, let's try going for 1.1.3, I want wiggly icons damnit"

So, I go to installer and see the 1.1.3 upgrade one from touchdev. i install it, and run the update app that it adds, it takes forever to download 1.1.3 from apple then starts doing it's stuff. I walk away from it for a while to get something to eat. When i get back it's at the apple logo.

It then flashes off and re-resets to the apple screen again after around 12 seconds, it then does it again and again and again around 12 secs inbetween each.

I can't get it to a restore screen by holding down the home & sleep as usual, and I can only turn the thing off by holding down the two of those for a while (it usually resets during that time but still goes off after a bit).

Any suggestions? I'm at work at the moment so I can't check to see if I can get in with cyberduck yet, would that even be possible if it's not getting as far as picking up my wireless network?

can you force it in dfu mode?

keozen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
can you force it in dfu mode?

Sorry for being thick, but how do I do that?

If you mean forceing it to recovery mode by holding down the home button or the home and sleep then just the home then no, doesn't seem to do a thing.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
another method I found using iphuc, if you download that then plug into pc and in iphuc type enterrecovery .......... just a suggestion see if it works

lec

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2008
It happened to me on going to 1.1.4

This problem happened to me on going to firmware 1.1.4
I had a 5 second loop that prevented me from entering the reset mode.
I finally got out by doing the following:
Bring up iTunes,
Place iPod/iTouch on the cradle ( let it come up in its loop )
then press and hold the power button and the home key simultaneously
Keep these pressed until the screen goes black, then release the power button but keep pressing the home key. If it does not work the first time, repeat it. I tunes will eventually detect that there is a device in reset mode and ask if you want to reset, hit yes and hopefully you will be able to get out. Notice that if you have not synced your iphone recently, you may loose some of you info.

Good luck

Pleasehelpnow

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2008
Mac screen goes black

HELP!!!!

I am using an apple laptop, and whenever i adjust the screen it turns black unless its leaning back as far as it can go.

My biggest problem about this is that its not my laptop... its my schools laptop. PLEASE HELP! i really can't bring this laptop back broken.

please please please help me.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
HELP!!!!

I am using an apple laptop, and whenever i adjust the screen it turns black unless its leaning back as far as it can go.

My biggest problem about this is that its not my laptop... its my schools laptop. PLEASE HELP! i really can't bring this laptop back broken.

would it not make more sense you posted in the proper section: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/126/

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
HELP!!!!

I don't know if Newbies can create their own threads in the forums, so I'll answer here and suggest that you have a hardware failure-- the display cable is either intermittent or the connector has unseated. I recommend you bring it back to your school and let them deal with it before you damage it further by trying to repair it. These things happen, they should understand that.

In the future, please try not to hijack other people's threads... Cheers.

rckstwrz

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Bring up iTunes,
Keep these pressed until the screen goes black, then release the power button but keep pressing the home key. If it does not work the first time, repeat it. I tunes will eventually detect that there is a device in reset mode and ask if you want to reset, hit yes and hopefully you will be able to get out. Notice that if you have not synced your iphone recently, you may loose some of you info.

Good luck

i'm having the same issue and tried your solution, but my phone won't even get into Reset mode... HELP!

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/9A3B Safari/419.3)

download ziphone, or the like and close iTunes, and hit the recovery or dfu mode button, restore, pwn, and rock out

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Bring up iTunes,

Good luck

may loose(sp) = will lose... definitely will lose...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.