Infinity Blade 2.. Data Corruption

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Enjoylife1788, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

As the title says, My infinity blade 2 data got corrupted out of nowhere. Closed the game once and reopend it and there boom all gone.. showing me the initial screen.. i.e have to restart from level one...hell no.. am not gonna do that after reaching level 29 and only one boss left to be killed...i.e the level 100 one..

I am really disappointed...have already spent almost 6-7 hours on this game and now having to restart it...definitely a deal breaker...

:(

----------

I got so irritated that i just uninstalled the game..lol..

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jailbroken: Yes
    iOs : 5.0.1

I am not sure if it has to do with being jailbroken because as mentioned on this site http://www.148apps.com/reviews/infinity-blade-2-review/ .... even the authors data got corrupted almost twice...

Since that site is very much professinal in doing reviews for games, I assume that they didnt use the jailbroken iPhone..But i can only assume.. ;)

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

His corruption was due to saving games in iCloud and playing on a different device.
    He also suggested a full reboot of the device after install.

5. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed, but the point is even my iCloud backup was on and something definitely went wrong in that.. Have played infinity blade 1 too..never had this problem..

About that, I did reboot my phone after the install..and must have had atleast 3-4 restarts while the game worked completely fine...

and to make things more surprissing, When i had opened IB 2- when i noticed the corruption- it started from the beginning with my current weapons and health and all that.. just that it was starting from the start.

If you dont get what i said, In beginning, we are given Infinity blade right along with other stuff right? but in my case, it was having other heavy weapon which i was using before the corruption..and also the suit and helmet were also different.. the ones i had bought...