Inflexible iPhoto 11 ... it's rubbish

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by philrunclimb, Dec 9, 2010.

1. philrunclimb macrumors newbie

I've just bought iLife 11.. and of course had to pay to upgrade my OS to Snow Leopard, cost iLife 11 won't work on Leopard ...who says Gates is the only one who develops software with hooks.

ANYWAY.... I am making some photobooks for my family... I want to use my nice Mac software.. so why:

1- totally inflexible page designs - you can't move to resize the photoframes. If you want FIVE on a page in "photo album" style you can't have five. If you want one huge pic and two small ones , Mac says NO.

2- There's no plain text page in "photo book" style . This is ridiculous. It's there in other styles .

WHY would Apple be so rigid in their design options??

Quite honestly if people are NOT interested in creativity, and want to just "autoflow" everything and it PRINT, then they wouldn't buy a Mac.

I thought Macs were the best thing for graphic design .. well not iLife !!
    P

2. Jasper-ND macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Well, in fact you cán change page designs, you can choose between a lot off different presets!
    Don't know anything about the textpage

3. jms969 macrumors 6502

Try booksmart, it works much much better than iphoto '11.

I felt robbed after buying iLife '11. it is beyond me why you cannot modify the layouts of the photobooks