Inflight charging? Virgin...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mr goosey, Sep 3, 2007.

1. mr goosey macrumors member

Hey all

Travelling London - Tokyo in a few weeks. Economy Virgin flight, is there any way of me charging the Macbook on the way? Thought this might be a good place to ask. The Virgin website doesn't say there are power points on these seats although I've seen the 'airline adaptor' thing in the Apple Store. What's the deal?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

In business class maybe, but there will barely be room for your butt in economy, let alone power outlets.

In short, I doubt it.

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I don't recall seeing anything like that on the Virgin flights I've taken.

4. askywalker macrumors regular

I often fly between Japan and North America. Recently the 777's have had two power jacks per set of three seats in economy (of course every seat in Business Class)... It is a standard power supply - I have heard that it only supplies 80w, but I haven't had any trouble. Stewardess chuckles when she sees my dvd player, macbook, PDA, ipod and phone ... I am really starting to enjoy the flights now.

I heard Virgin has lots of these planes. They are great... Entertainment console in every seat too.

5. mr goosey thread starter macrumors member

6. richardson.hila macrumors member

This probably doesn't help, but on a few 737s i've travelled on recently they have power plugs on the floor? Sounds like a tripping hazard right? But they were there :confused:

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac