Info about info?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by MikieMikie, Aug 9, 2007.

1. MikieMikie macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I have been ripping my DVD collection with the expectation of purchasing an ATV. From what I can tell, since I plan to view video content via streaming, the smaller model should be good assuming my other media fits.

But since my video is ripped from my DVD collection, is there a special way I associate the director, running time, etc. with the movie? Does entering info in the iTS "information" screen do that?

I'd run out and buy one now but for Steve's implied "pending improvements" as well as the thread that mentioned synching, etc. (Actually, synching makes sense since iTS has been already set up to do it for the iPhone.) Synching is most-probably a software update, but if there are hardware changes, it might be prudent to wait a month more...

TIA for the info...
    -- Mikie
    -----------------------
    Macbook Pro 17"
    500GB HD
    57" Samsung HDTV
    iPhone

2. pjac macrumors regular

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I'll second MetaX; a very nice program and the developer is very open to suggestions and is actively working to make it better. Plus, they are going to implement atleast basic integration with HandBrake which will send your finished encodes automatically to MetaX when done.

4. MikieMikie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the Info!

I've downloaded MetaX.

I guess, then, that the implication is that the tagging done manually in iTunes will not synch or display on the aTV? That to view this information, it has to be specially tagged, massaged, and etc. by a program like MetaX?

TIA,
    -- Mikie

5. NightStorm macrumors 68000

No, they will display, however you can't write all the tags available using the interface built-into iTunes. Plus, a lot of the tags are stored in the iTunes Library file, whereas MetaX saves them directly in the file itself.

6. MikieMikie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks

I understand now. I appreciate the detailed explanation.

I remain, ripping away in preparation,
    -- Mikie