Info about Macbook Pro 17" 2.3GHz Antiglare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JKCT, Apr 6, 2011.

1. JKCT macrumors newbie

Hope someone will find this information useful.

My company bought 80 Macbook Pros all 17 inchers from the Apple store all Antiglares and configured with the 2.3GHz processor.

This is what we found out:

Example serial number: XXX-XXXX-XXXX
    what is important here is the second set of 4 alpha numeric digits. Our first three digits were all C02, the last 4 is always DMGH indicating the model we guess.

1. We found out that our F8XX units were the first batch from the factory and had minor issues, nothing to cause much concern. All had 9CD0 screens. All had Maglev fans. All had backlight bleed more apparent when the heat from the fans blow unto the screen.

2. Our F9XX units all had high pitch intermittent whining issues. Could be a leaky capacitor from what seems to be the Sata controller or the fan, which are all Deltas. There was the occasional 9CCE screen. This batch was the worst. All 25 units were returned.

3. Our FCXX all had better build quality and again, very minor issues. All were back on Maglev fans and very minor backlight bleed. Back to 9CD0 screens

If you need more info just post below.

2. harcosparky macrumors 68020

That's interesting, thanks for the information.

Not too many people have the opportunity to look at a batch purchase such as you have.

3. iCBF macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

5. iCBF macrumors newbie

6. getheo macrumors member

getheo

i purchased a macbook pro 2011 17" with antiglare screen and it has 9cce panel.It's my first mac.I think the screen is nice.Is there anyone else has 9cce?What's your opinions?

7. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire